Solve Your Whirlpool Fridge's No-Water-Fill Ice Tray with These 5 Steps (2023 Update)

I replaced my water inlet valve for my whirlpool fridge. It's been a couple hours, and still no water

Reply to
Bill

Troubleshooting Water Supply Issues in Your Whirlpool Fridge:

Here are a few steps to take if your ice tray is not filling with water after replacing the water inlet valve:

  1. Check the water line: Make sure the water line is properly connected to the back of the fridge and the water shutoff valve is turned on.
  2. Ensure proper water pressure: Check the water pressure to make sure it meets the manufacturer's requirements. A pressure reading of 20 to 120 psi is typical.
  3. Check the water filter: If the water filter is clogged or expired, it can restrict the water flow. Replace the filter if necessary.
  4. Verify the inlet valve operation: Make sure the inlet valve is properly connected and working. Test it by turning off the water supply and disconnecting the water line from the valve. Turn the valve back on and check for water flow.
  5. Check the control board: The control board could be the culprit if the valve is working properly. Try resetting the fridge by turning it off and unplugging it for 10 minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on to see if the ice tray is filling with water.

If you've tried all of these steps and your ice tray is still not filling with water, it may be necessary to call in a professional for further assistance.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor