Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where is a slow blow fuse in airconditioner
No further details provided
2
2

why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often
why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often? Since the system has been up and running for this summer; the drain pump is draining the reservoir several times a day. I...
3
3

my ac coil does not sweat at all
No further details provided
2
2

window air conditioner keeps resetting thermostat to what the room temperature i
the window air conditioner we set it to 70 cool, and than changes the 70 to what ever the temperature is in the room
2
2

Where can I buy a small can of R22 Freon
No further details provided
2
2

I HAVE A 500BTU FEDDERS WINDOW UNIT--EVERYTHING WORKS FINE BUT DOESN'T COOL-CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF
No further details provided
2
2

How do I replace the fan motor in my Lennox 13ACD-036 ?
The fan on our downstairs unit is not turning now. I've tried turning it with a screwdriver but it's very hard and our upstairs unit (the working one) is very easy to turn, it actually spins freely....
2
2

Disposal an regulation of mercury base thermostat
Janitor hpt 18-60 3aat86821a1 Houston, Texas

On new HVAC (furnace and condenser) what shall I opt for: Carrier Infinity SEER 17 or Amana 17?
Amana is luring customers with life-long warranties and lower price; it's a new kid on the HVAC block; shall I go for it? (while answering, send a copy also to vamiel _AT_ aol _DOT_com, to make sure I...
2
2

Window AC spits out black flakes
I have an 8 thousand btu window unit that spits out black flakes of soot. Do I need a new unit or what? Thanks, mo
2
2

my sisters 20+ yr old central air is out compressor is bad can it be replaced
Repair man come out yesterday, first told her it was out of freeon, then upon testing for leak discovered the compressor was out, can the compressor be repaired, or does it need to be replaced, they...
4
4

frigidiare window unit 220v about 4 yrs old not blowing cold comp.not kicking lights kind
just started blowing hot air compressor not kicking in looks like it trys but lights dim a bit like its drawing to much power , now it trips breaker will run for a while its about 4 yrs. old not sure...

2004 white-rodgers thermostat
What does the flashing snowflake display indicate?
2
2

a/c is only working when thermostat is set to 63
My a/c is working, but it only will come on when I set the thermostat to 63. I normally have it on 74. Do I need a new thermostat?
2
2

does air conditioner need to be on a slab