Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RUUD MODEL#UBEA-17J10NFDAI
HOW MANY TONNAGE IS THIS UNIT
2
2

Does anyone have a picture of where you wire in a Trane sump heater?
My heat pump outdoor unit starting blowing a breaker and the tech who came out said the compressor was shot because the sump pump heater had shorted out and since it was all one unit he couldn't...
6
6

I have model a7q08f2a fedders window air conditioner that run but don't cool
No further details provided
2
2

replace r410a refrigerant with what other type of refrigerant?
can another refrigerant such as r134a replace r410a refrigerant?
2
2

I have an emerson quiet kool air condioner through the window model # VWE-5190C.
No further details provided
2
2

what is the black tar stuff around the pipe from the ac unit going into the house
What is the black tar stuff around the pipe going from the ac unit into the house?
2
2

4 Electrocuted mice,dirt & outside A/C fan not spinning
A/C outside fan not spinning. Took it apart and cleaned it good. Lots of pine needles, mud and debris. 4 dead mice with their nest in area where the electrical terminals are located, behind a L shaped...
14
14

20 Degree Rule
I have 1765 sq.ft. home in Texas with an 4-ton unit when it's 103 outside and 76 inside and that we would like it to be around 70. Would it help to move up to an 5-ton unit
6
6

is payne 16 seer unit any good
a lot of negative consumer feedback on one of the websites, is that old news or still a problem?
2
2

can the algae guard 3x concentrate be used in swamp coolers?
No further details provided

Removing my A/C condensation pump
I converted my A/C unit to a gravity condensation removal, thus making my condensation pump obsolete. How can I remove the pump? It still shuts off the A/C unit when I try to disconnect it because it...
2
2

NC code question regarding heat pump
I have a Carrier Air Handler/ Evaporator coil and a Trane Heat Pump. The Carrier unit is bad and my home warranty will cover the replacement of another Carrier unit. The service person is saying NC...
2
2

I would like to disconnect Honeywell Chronotherm III
When we moved in to our home, the Honeywell chronotherm III was programmed. I would like to turn off the program. I would like to manually operate the a/c temperature controls.
2
2

what happens when you drill hole in base of air conditioner my husband didnt read the instructions which said do not drill hole
my unit is a haier 10000 btu
6
6

do hard start kits work on stuck compressors
No further details provided
4
4