Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to determine how old my heat pump is.
I have a janitrol
2
2

Frigidaire window air conditioner not working
No further details provided

Will everyone haave to switch to Puron in the year 2020 and at what cost?
No further details provided
2
2

Ac leaking at weep whole
My 4 yr old train AC is leaking fom it's weep hole in the bottom right of the unit. It is a small indent jest to the left of the main out drain pipe. I have been running the AC for over a month and...
2
2

lennox XC15 unit contactor fails to close
I can close the contactor manually and it runs but it will not stay closed. What do I do?
4
4

What kind of freon do I add to a portable ac unit?
No further details provided
2
2

What can be done about a loud outside central air unit?
Yes, it's a bit old, but really cools the house efficiently and quietly. The outside GE unit is a bit loud, sounds like it's coming from the below parts (not the fan above). It's a constant humming,...
2
2

can i braze ac lines with mapp gas-
No further details provided
2
2

Hi - Can an AC coil go bad or leak freon due to rust?
I thought it is made out of copper and aluminum, which is impossible to rust. I have a dispute with my warranty company now because they are saying the rust caused the coil to go bad and leak. Is this...
2
2

is it ok to put a clip on air freshener in a return air duct, or clip to filter?
No further details provided
2
2

COST F22 TO410 TO RUN
No further details provided
2
2

Ceiling Return Vent Holes are TO BIG
We painted my son's bedroom, took down the ceiling ac vent covers. When we went to put them back, the holes were stripped and we can not get the vent to stay. I tried a longer screw, however, there is...
2
2

how to prevent mold in condensate pump housing
As used in condo's the condensate from the a/c coil drains into a sump & then its pumped out how do i prevent mold inside the sump
2
2

where is the bonnet sensor on a coleman a/c unit
No further details provided

what is min. front and side clearance from outside breaker box to a/c unit