How do I add bleach to clean my indoor AC unit?

There are no instructions for this. The use of bleach is to clean out the condensae drain line. Pour the bleach in the drain pan in the evaporator (cooling coil) section of the unit..It will help clean the drain pan and also the drain line.

Reply to
stanhvac1

Has anyone heard of adding bleach to help keep the system clean? I was told this should be done, but cannot find any instructions for this. Thanks

Reply to
Anonymous

I have seen bleached used. Pour about 1/2 cup inside the condensate p-trap to keep the condensation drain pipe from clogging with debris ( materials similiar to that on a lint filter of a dryer, accumulates in ac drain pipe. ) To prevent the condensation pipe from clogging , use a little bleach each season poured into p-trap of pipe ( near the indoor ac coil) . If the pipe clogs up , then the excess moisture/ condensation water does NOT DRAIN out, then it holds heat from water & can cause the ac to seriously malfunction by not cooling . Its preventive maintenance. Or wait for it too clog and have a ac repaor person come easily unclog the drain for $150-400!! good luck.

Reply to
Anonymous

They make little tablets available at home depot that you place in the a coils tray and the act like bleach to kill any algae or mold that can clog the drain line. If the line is clogged already as ours did regularly always in the middle of the night..lol. Take your shop vac that can handle water and go to the end of the outlet pipe if its exposed outside as our is and turn on the vacuum and use your hand to help seal the suction to the outlet and you can suck out the clog. then use the clorox to destroy the mold or algae, then get the tabs to keep the problem from reoccuring...they are slow disolving and work all season.

Reply to
disqus_sm7t1eHTQY