your thoughts on Milwaukee tools

Page 2 of 2
Smaklich aten damas en herren, applesin pairin.
snipped-for-privacy@sewanee.edu (Hylourgos) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

is phronetic
Ha! Took a minute, but finally I remembered hearing that a lot, 20 years ago. Thanks for the replay,
H.

snipped-for-privacy@sewanee.edu says...

ik ben zelf engels maar ik woon ook al 12 jaar in nederland.ik heb dezelfde probleem met mijn taal,het verwaterd ove de jaren.Ik heb nog steeds moete om in het nederlands te schriven maar het gaat over communicatie. Im going to invest in both the machines and schould it turn out to be dissapointing then its a lesson learned,I dont think I will be though they seem a lot better built than some of the other dedicated machines that I have had in my hands,and the only alternative for real heavey duty is pneumatic tools duofast and the likes of......so Ill let you know what the europeans think when I get it.
snipped-for-privacy@flodder.net says...

Recently replaced my 14.4 v Porter Cable drill with a 14.4 v Milwaukee when the batteries on the PC were going out and replacing was only slightly more expensive than new batteries. Comparing the two, the Milwaukee is definitely better built and more solid. It is also heavier however -- that's either a good thing or a bad thing; in my case, my elbow definitely feels the additional weight.

You may well find the same tool in Eupope branded as Atlas Copco - it's certainly true of the drill/drivers.
AC stuck with the industrial tools whereas AEG are often the same tool in looks but lacking the guts of AC/Milwaukee.
I've got two AC tools at the moment - a small 9.6v cordless that is doing sterling service, and a BXPL100 or whatever jigsaw, which is a lovely tool.
My local shop (here in the UK) have just started selling the Milwaukee brand, and that's gradually pushing the AC stuff out - I'm assured that it's every bit as robust.
I'd go with one.
-- Richard Sampson

the volkswagen/volvo price fixing where they got large fines Milwaukee are trying that in Holland as well.The dealers arent allowed to discount but the price difference for the machine I want is enormous,in Holland 1069.81eur in England 748.00eur plus they`ll give me another 22eur of if I collect.I phoned AC and asked what was going on where they refused to comment and said they would call me back tomorrow.Needless to say I ordered in England.typical kraut tactics nothing changes
I lived in Germany for over 3 years. calling a German a 'K***t was fighting words back then...
dave
Russell wrote:

What's a screwmachine? SH