Yorkcraft Jointer??

Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The price is reasonable from www.wilkemachinery.com . Thanks, Mike
--

Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
People like it. Search the archives. You'd better live close to Wilke, though, or they'll stiff you on freight. For those who live elsewhere, the Grizzly machines are a better deal.
Brian.

Not sure the size your looking for, if your on the westcoast; look at Sunhill. I spoke to the folks at Yorkcraft and asked them how the felt about the Sunhill jointers. They had nothing but good things to say about them and said they're a stepup from the Yorkcraft line, competitive with their Bridewood line. Sunhill is backordered on the 6" but they've got a good deal on the 8" with "blemished" tables due to moisture. I order one last Thursday and they had it at my door this Tuesday. $850 delivered to Los Angeles with liftgate in perfect condition.
Kevin

I emailed wilkemachinery to find out what their shipping is to southeast Mo. Only about $4. difference between their 6" and the Grizzly 1182Z. Also noticed that the Yorkcraft has the switch mounted high like the Delta X jointer and has the wheels built into the cabinet. Figuring 40-50 bucks for a mobile base that brings the price to a noticable difference. I also looked at the Craftsman 6 in. pro at Sears and wasn't to impressed. I'll post on which one I get and how it turned out.
--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

That's $4.00 DIFFERENCE...not total for shipping

Hi Mike, I have YC 6" one. Love it, no probems. Have had it for about 18 months. Paid $299 + I believe $84 for shipping to Knoxville, TN. Incl. lift gate truck.
Tony

I have a Yorkcraft 8" jointer for about a year plus, use only three to four times together a spare set of knife. Will trade it for a drum sander (willing to pay difference) or sell it. Nothing wrong with it, however I need garage space and I can do without it. I'm in Kansas City.

If you sell. How much do you want? I can arrange shipping with pickup and crating if price is worth it.

This YC jointer is new, I would prefer to sell ($575) or trade it locally, it weigh at least 400 lbs (I use a 2 tons chain block to assembled the machine) Need at least 4 strong able bodies to load it onto a truck. Not advisable to buy without seeing and test it.

Hi Mike,
I have had the 6" Yorkcraft for about a year now and have been very happy with it. When I purchased mine I looked at the Grizzly also and thought the shipping would be much cheaper however there was only a small difference (to FL). It went together pretty well, the fence works well, is easy to adjust, and stays square. I have delt with the folks at Wilke on several occasions and they have always been great. I would buy another. If you have the extra $$ and the space, you may want to look at the 8" YC.
Good luck, Scott

I have an 8 inch Yorkcraft. It is, in my view, a wonderful machine. Gets things straight, flat and square. What more could one ask for? Even with shipping to Maine, I think it was a great deal. Dave