yorkcraft

Any comments on yorkcraft quality? Im interested in the 6 inch jointer.
Hi, I've had the Yorkcraft 6" jointer now for over a year, no problems at all. I paid $299 and $82 for shipping to Knoxville, TN, from the warehouse in PA. The shipping company was R & L Carriers, it was delivered to my house on a truck with a lift gate, ne extra charge. The driver rolled it right into my garage/shop. I had a forklift available. I'd highly recommend it. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at:
tony1158 @ esper . com
Hope it helps,
Tony

I have the 6" jointer. It works fine. Tables parallel, fence stays square, etc. Just jointed and joined a walnut credenza top last night. I'd buy the jointer again in a second, if I wanted another 6" one. I have rapidly come to understand why one would prefer an 8", but I don't really have the room. (About 3/4 of the rough cut boards that I randomly bring home are too wide for the 6" but would fit over an 8" jointer).
Jim Kirby
Jeff Balcom wrote:

--
James T. Kirby