Yet ANOTHER use for WD40

or their other page at http://www.wd40.com/about-us/history /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Contacts do **NOT** corrode. Contacts may tarnish being made from copper, brass, silver and gold.
Spraying it on electrical equipment to displace does not mean into the conductors. When you have water in your electrical conductors you have a bigger problem.
--------------- "Zz Yzx" wrote in message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wd40
Sheesh guys.
WD40 was invented to displace water and prevent corrosion of electrical contacts. It has no to none lubricitive properties.
-TES
"Josepi" /Bengi/Eric/'mII' wrote:

You got no fskn hope, edjut. You going to tell us aluminum does not "corrode".. /mutter

an'.. CORRODE when exposed to any number chemical compounds. Ever heard of electrolysis, dimbulb?
/mutters
Go have another run in the electrical focused newsgroups, edjut. Your well due another roundly arse kicking.

oH STFU you freaking edjut!
"water in your electrical conductors "
/mutters
Wota fskn GOOSE! george
On 7/20/2011 3:44 PM, Josepi wrote:

If not corrode, they will absolutely pit. And I assure you gold contacts WILL NOT tarnish.

Many contacts DO corrode, depending on the environment. Brass sure can corrode - so can copper. However,arcing, and the associated transfer of metal, is a more serious problem - even with contacts of tungsten or platinum. (look at a set of ignition points that have been in service for an extended period of time in a standard "kettering" type system)
I guess I used the wrong word. "Corrosion" is a general term for "rotting" I was thinking of the term "rust". Not from the Griswolds... LOL.
Thanx for being so polite, OCD. It keeps the posts more honest and makes us educate ourselves in correct terminology.
-------------------
wrote in message wrote: Contacts do **NOT** corrode. Contacts may tarnish being made from copper, brass, silver and gold.
Spraying it on electrical equipment to displace does not mean into the conductors. When you have water in your electrical conductors you have a bigger problem.
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:59:25 -0700, Theodore Edward Stosterone

But do NOT use the aerosol spray to displace moisture where arcing may occur. I learnrd that the "fast" way when I used it to dry out my distributor cap, and blew it right off when I tried to start the car. (1963 Valiant slant six)
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:09:46 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Had you allowed the solvent to dry a bit first...
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
Ohhhh. the old slant six!
Had a gutless one of those, with a broken engine mount, once! It squealed the tires for 30 feet with both feet pushing the brake pedal through the floor.
I think it was the WD-40 the mechanic used on the engine mounts.
------------ wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:59:25 -0700, Theodore Edward Stosterone But do NOT use the aerosol spray to displace moisture where arcing may occur. I learnrd that the "fast" way when I used it to dry out my distributor cap, and blew it right off when I tried to start the car. (1963 Valiant slant six)
On 7/21/2011 11:36 AM, Josepi wrote:

Sounds like you had a thief mechanic trying to produce the need for work. Don't blame engine mount failure on WD-40, any oil will shorten the life of a rubber motor mount.
On 7/20/2011 5:59 AM, Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote:

that's what it was made for.