Yet Another Step Stool

Made another step stool using the same design from a previous step stool (side template).
This one was for my Mom for Mothers day. She saw the one I made from cherry and wanted one ever since. I made hers is made from sapele. I think it is time to retire this design. :(
Last one down:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/projectspage2.htm
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

cherry
Was that your own design,or is there a plan somewhere for it ? Thanks Tony

That is a GarageWoodworks original! :)
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Nice Job, I like the cherry one. Tony

Thank you. I like the cherry one more too, but don't tell my Mom. :)
I intended to make hers from cherry also, but the guy at the lumber yard talked me into sapele.

You could probably sell the plans for free. JOAT could be your sales agent.

Not a bad idea. I could give him 5% of the sales for my free plans. Hmmm. I might retire sooner than I thought! :)
"Stoutman" wrote in message

Be careful there, he may paint them yellow!!

With easy ordering via email!

If you really need a plan, there's one that's quite similar in a book called "The Complete Book of Woodworking: Detailed Plans for More Than 40 Fabulous Projects". (Available through Amazon, http://tinyurl.com/ywgymk ) Hhere's a picture of one I built using this plan (my first woodworking project, actually) - the front stretchers on mine are curved, while they're more angular in the book, but other than that the design is very similar to the one in the book. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andynewhouse/detail?.dir_e2re2&.dnm 08re2.jpg&.src=ph If you do use plywood for the sides, I'd strongly recommend using baltic birch instead of the regular home center stuff; mine are edge- banded on the visible surfaces. And Stoutman, great job - nice looking stool; I'm sure your mom will love it! Andy

Thank you.

http://tinyurl.com/ywgymk )
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andynewhouse/detail?.dir_e2re2&.dnm 08re2.jpg&.src=ph
Thanks Andy, I'm sure I could "cobble together" something like it ", I'm just lazy sometimes........LOL Tony

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andynewhouse/detail?.dir_e2re2&.dnm 08re2.jpg&.src=ph
Nice job on yours too Andy, I like the 2 tone look Is that 2 different wood types or just different stain? Tony

Thanks - it was really a happy accident that it came out looking as good as it did. I used baltic birch ply for the sides and stretchers, birch edgebanding, and reclaimed wormy chestnut (lightly stained, because I didn't know any better at the time) for the steps. Whole thing is finished with poly gel. Glad you like it, Andy

Cool,worked out well.
reminds me of the time I used blond shellac on the chimney cupboard I built, with out testing on scrap 1st. wasn't really the look I was after, but it turned out well(enough) Tony

cherry
Not 'til I get a chance to copy it! :)
Mighty fine ... I really like the departure from the ubiquitous "3/4" stock" look of your stools.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Thank you.