Yet another electrical question on a WW tool

I believe I just said that...

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:55:50 -0700 (PDT), Bill Leonhardt

After all the back and forth, I forgot whether you changed the GFCI. If not, that's your next step (should have been the first).

Things fail. This wouldn't be the first time this happened.

I'd sure change the GFCI before going to that hassle. An ohmmeter might help finding the culprit.
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:55:50 -0700, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

Is the jointer outlet the first in the string? If not, have you tried it on others in the string? It could be a faulty outlet.
--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.
On Monday, October 14, 2013 7:50:23 PM UTC-4, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

th 12 gauge wire. Each circuit starts with a GFCI outlet and then a chain of normal outlets. All outlets are 20 amp.

the GFCI outlet, I connected the jointer to the second circuit. Same prob lem. The only other piece of equipment running was the DC which is on a se parate 240VAC circuit.

is connected to my DC.

he leftover maple.

jointer new 8 or 9 years ago and it has been lightly used.