Yave you done this yet?

Page 2 of 3
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:53:59 -0800, the inscrutable Larry Jaques

ADDENDUM: This just in from a friend. I thought it very apropos for you. http://home.pacbell.net/sneaks2/ijdlgnam.mp3
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!
Larry Jaques wrote:

LOL!

Amen.
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 07:17:48 -0800, Larry Jaques

Yep. I'd laugh, but it just isn't funny.... ;-)
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Silvan responds:

Bubba, I done seed your pixture with clothes in the Roanoke paper one day. No thanks. I'll look at pixture of ME nekkid first.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
Charlie Self wrote:

Jeeeeeeezz. A whole newsgroup full of babe magnets.     urp,     j4
Charlie Self wrote:

ROFL!! I was afraid somebody was gonna see those. :)
Now you have a leg up on about every other Wrecker though. You know what SWMBO and the young'uns look like.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:40:32 -0500, Silvan

Well, so much for my breakfast!
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:40:32 -0500, Silvan

ya know, you'd prolly do better around here selling nekkit pitchers of Robin's butt. Iffen I wanted to see a nekkit wooddorker, I'd look in the mirror. Since I don't do that too often, I guess I must not.
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

Don't know that Rob is gonna supply you a photo though...     j4
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

Whenever I look at my butt in the mirror I just get depressed. I look like Hank Hill.
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:12:06 -0500, Silvan

I believe that's an occupational hazard.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass wrote:

True, and for a truck driver, um, freight distrubution engineering technologist, I'm actually pretty sexy and stuff. Sort of.
"Leon" wrote in message

I can attest to that. The man't got a grip like a vise ... and I'd broken the little finger on my right hand about a month before I met Leon ... ouch! ;>)

can
Educate me ... I am fast approaching that decision in about 7 months and my poor brain is too tired at the moment to figure it out.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

This assumes you are not dependent on SS or do not need all of the SS check to survive.
Lets assume you will draw $950 a month at age 62 and $1250 per month at age 66. Basically you will be drawing $950 per month, 48 months earlier than if you wait until age 66 to draw $1250. That equates out to $45,600 that SS will pay you between the age of 62 and 66. You will continue to draw that amount until you die.
If you wait until age 66 to start drawing you will get $300 more per month but basically you will be $45,600 behind in payments compared to having started receiving payments at age 62.
With these figures it will take 16 years and 4 months for the age 66 SS payments to "about" equal the total amount paid out from the age 62 payment.
The age 66 SS payments total payout benefits start becoming better if you live longer than 78 years and 3 months. Up until that age the $950 per month for 16 years and 3 months is a greater amount, ($185,250.00) than starting 4 years later at age 66 and getting 12 years and 3 months of payments of $1250 per month., ($185,000).
That said, I know that your father has passed that age and you may very well do that also. My father is 82 and in great health. But will SS be around that long and or will you need as much income at age 79 as you will in those years leading up to that age?
BTY I have a good friend/neighbor that I have known for about 24 years that works for the SS office in SW Houston near Fondren and the SW Freeway. I can ask her to keep an eye out for you if you would like.
You're not really 45k behind if you continue working though are you? If you make more than $950/mth then you'll still end up with more in the end. SS is also in no danger of imploding, here is a well researched article about it http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/16/magazine/16SOCIAL.html?oref=login if you're interested

We are talking pay out from SS checks and not your job check. So yes you would be behind in SS pay out if you wait till 66 to start drawing rather than 62. Also you can draw SS and still work.
I didn't know you could draw and work, but I'm only 32 so I haven't studied it too much :)
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:21:20 -0800, damian penney wrote:

Ah, you're one of the lucky ones that not only gets to pay the excess SS taxes now, but will also get to pay increased income taxes starting in about 12 years to pay off those "investments" Uncle Sam is buying with those excess contributions for the trust fund. We're enjoying spending those excess contributions on ourselves now and appreciate that you and your kids will pick up the tab later. And it will only get better for us older guys if the SS tax is increased now so even more can be spent on us and even more "investments" can be placed in the trust fund for you and your kids to pay off :-)
- Doug

Knothead wrote:

Gonna be hard to live on $12.41 a month innit? Especially in 2042 when a new econobox with a 2 cc engine will cost $147,300, a 2,000 sq. ft. home will cost $397,000, the economy lunch special at Burger King will cost $175.81, oh, and gas will be $24.82 a gallon.
Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.