XNC controller

hello:

My problem is that I use Solid works to design and then I have a biesse machine, my question is how I can manage to send the CAD files to the machine.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
Rod

You'll need some CAM software. I assume you are working in 3D. You will likely have to save the Solidworks parts as some neutral format for the CAM software to read. Some CAM packages can read SW files directly and some even run inside SW. If you need to save to a neutral format your choices will likely be IGES, STEP, Parasolid, SAT or STL. From SW Parasolid will be your best, followed by IGES. The others are a crap shoot.

I'd look to the manufacture for the best CAM package for your needs.

If you are talikng 2D then DXF is the standard that all CAM packages will read.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com