Wow! Bright walls.

Page 1 of 2
I finally started to insulate my garage. As of today, the front half is done; insulated, vapor barrier, sheetrock. Due to the logistics of moving so much "stuff" around, the back half may wait until next year when I build a shed.
My point here is the color of the walls. I'm sure others are working in an unfinished garage or shed. The walls are 2x's with the inside of the sheathing or siding facing you. It is dark and reflects little light. When I put the white foam insulation in place, I was amazed at how much brighter the shop was. So, I put up sheetrock, but did not tape or plaster it, just put on a coat of white primer. I just makes it much better working with the same lighting that I've had all along.
If you are working in an unfinished area, do yourself a favor and buy a gallon or two of white or very light colored paint. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Gee, Ed, you've made an major scientific discovery!!! White reflects light!!! Wow, you may be eligible for a Nobel prize this year! Thanks for sharing.
dave
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

troll.
bite me...or plonk me, Crankston
dave
Lamont Cranston wrote:

I used to think the other guys were wrong. I guess I was.
No they STILL are!! Did your sense of humor slip away along with Keeter's? Has everyone taken a grouchy pill? Please recognize a tongue in cheek comment for what it is. I'm just being silly. sheesh!
dave
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Aw, MAN...
You're gonna have to start telegraphing those TICs... Smileys may be annoying as hell in most circumstances, but they have their uses.
;-)
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Thanks, Dave; I use them liberally. But I'm afraid I use them so much they lose their effectiveness, so sometimes I just leave them off. I sometimes post the forgotten smiley when what I read of my own post appears TOO likely to be misconstrued. Other times, I don't expect arrows to be slung at me over what I consider an obvious silliness. I've been guilty of mistaking humor for rudeness on occasion, so I can see where they are coming from. It would be the decent thing for them to acknowledge these misunderstandings instead of character assassination, but I won't hold my breath waiting.
dave
Dave Balderstone wrote: snip

Wise of you. <g>
Totallly OT, I get to the Bay Area about once a year from western Canada. Next time looks like it'll be May 2004. I'll ping ya when I know I'll be incoming. Might be fun to bend a few.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
I'll be here! Give a holler.
dave
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Maybe I did jump the gun a litle. Dry humor is a risk at times.
Do I have to give you a hug to make up? Ed
Well...I guess that's ok...even my wife can't tell when I'm kidding sometimes! It spoils the fun a bit when I have to explain that I was kidding, but it IS fun to act all serious when I first make the comment. She does it to me ALL the time, and I fall for it too, so I DO UNDERSTAND the concept of misunderstanding someone's dry humor. I've jumped the gun on several occasions here on the Wreck, prompting my humble apologies. None is needed on this on, but it's 'preciated just the same. I can't say I will bother to do the smiley face thing in the future every time I'm joking around, so please assume I'm not being mean spirited right off the bat.
dave
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

OK, then we can skip the hug. Ed
Horse's ass!
Glen

Gee, Glen, why don't you tell me how you REALLY feel. You, too have no concept of teasing. My sarcastic post flew right over your head. Could that be because you had YOUR head level with YOUR posterior?? Try to be a little more intelligent next time and THINK before replying.
dave
Glen Kraig wrote:

You come across as a sarcastic little prick to a wide variety of people.
Take a look in the mirror if you want to see the problem.
Rico
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Rico, I can always count on you for a kind word. Thanks for caring. If you keep showering me with praise, what will the rest of the boys think? <blush, blush>
dave
Rico wrote:

They'll be jealous, but they'll get over it because they too realize you are special :)
Rico
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Thanks for sharing? Dave did you get to step three of a twelve step program? Thanks for keeping the wreck from being boring - like "what saw should I buy", I bought a Unisaw rip fence with Incra miter capabilities, should I gloat? Keepem Flamin', Hank

I got addicted to 12 step programs... What now?
:-P
djb