Workbench top: two species of wood?

Page 3 of 3

I built my workbench using Douglas Fir glulams about 7 years ago. The dimensions are 60" x 30" x 4". It also has a protective edge of 1.5" Jarrah, dowelled and screwed to the Douglas Fir. I also gave it several applications of diluted raw linseed oil.
I have used it for everything, - ...boat building .... mechanical repairs on motorcycles, ... cutting and welding .... and more. Currently I'm building new kitchen cabinets for SWMBO.
I have not yet found the need to re-finish the surface, - just a twice yearly application of raw linseed- it seems to get better with age,
If I were to build another bench, I would use the same material again.