Woodworks no longer on HGTV

Page 1 of 2
What has happened to Woodworks. Just when I was beginning to enjoy watching/learning it seems to be off the air. Have my VHS set for record on Sat. Mornings and this weekend no woodworks. Checked HGTV website and no listing of the show. Does anyone know what happened? Thanks!!
I think they're just doing the typical summer rerun thing (at least that's what it looks like if you check the diynet.com website schedule for the show). I guess HGTV didn't want to use those shows. They're doing reruns on the NYW, too. If you look at David Marks' website, he already has materials lists for a 5th season of projects, although those shows haven't been aired yet (not to my knowledge at least). So, we can be pretty sure we'll get to see more stuff from him. I'm with you, I was really starting to appreciate his approach to work and getting quite a bit out of watching his projects. Would be a shame if HGTV screws up another programming decision.
I'm curious, does anyone out there actually get the DIY network? I'm not sure how recent this network is, but I've lived in a lot of different places (although only the Northeast for the last 4 years) and I've never had this offered.
Mike

I get DIY Network via DirectTV. I also have TiVo and have setup a 'Season Pass' that records all new episodes of Woodworks.
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:44:18 -0400, CHPCRVR wrote:

Note that the name of the show changed to DIY Woodworks. I had to redo my Season Pass to get it to record again.
--
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net http://www.themcclures.com

I've never seen this show (Woodworks). I guess it is not availble in east TN. No cable and no satellite (yet).
Phisherman wrote:

I figured everyone had seen that show. For all you complaining about Norm putting poly on everything - you'll like Woodworks better. He's much more into the "beauty of the wood". However, he has even less variation in his finishing habits than Norm...I don't think I've seen Marks use anything other than tung oil.
Chris
************************************ Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me) ************************************

I don't remember that episode, but he must have been using Potassium Dichromate. It is an oxidizer that actually ages the wood. Depending on the % solution used, you can "age" it a little with a weak solution or a lot with a stronger one, to me weak is 1% where strong is 5-10% solution.
I'm using it to age a cherry bedroom suit now...5% solution seemed best for my client's taste.
Garrett Wade carries this, in crystalline form, on their web site.
...do
Potassium dichromate in a very dilute (1 to 3%) aqueous solution does a beautiful job of emphasizing hardwoods. Years ago I used to use it on mahogany caskets to produce a very pronounced grain.
Phil
David O wrote:

Phil spaketh...

How do you use it? Fume it? Wipe/brush it on? Thanks.
--
McQualude

Wipe it on - foam brush is good.
It's very prone to streaking, so use a dilute solution. It's also worth sponging the timber with plenty of water beforehand.
Personally I don't use it. Dichromates are more toxic than I really want to handle, so I'd rather use potassium permanganate.
David O spaketh...

these guys are about 1/2 the price http://www.skylighter.com/mall/chemicals.asp?Sort=P
lots of other goodies too
--
McQualude

THanx for the tip...

I get DIY with our Everest digital cable (they're a local competitor to Time Warner).
Don't know about this upcoming week, but I just watched two episodes on Saturday night. They play at 9:00pm ET (8:00pm where I am), two episodes in a row. They repeat the show that aired earlier in the week (Mondays I think) and another rerun.
david
--
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.

Ah, someone still suffering with cable. <G>
I've had DirecTV since mid 1996 and have never looked back.
Barry
I had direct TV and switched back to cable. Living in Florida, with all the thunderstorms, we were always loosing reception. Still have the dish on my roof!
in message wrote:

places
this
I receive the DIY chanel on cable.