Woodworking TV

I watched some of the "Woodworking TV Channel", which I learned about from this NG. I'll pass along a few thoughts and would be interested in the opinions of other viewers. They spend some time showing quite elaborate lathe turned work. Scott Phillips (American Woodshop) is well represented. There's a woodworker from Brittain named Free who has a show which looks very much like the NYW except he works in the metric system and has no beard. They show a good number of The Router Workshop reruns. They show a little marquetry. All in all, since the readers of this NG are professed addicts of woodworking they will probably find some useful information available.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

I just hope they sometime are able to show the first few years of Roy Underhill's PBS show. From back in the 1980's when he was just starting out to bleed on TV for us.

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

I have been checking on it for about 2 months now and I keep seeing the same programs over and over and over and over and over and over and . . .

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

They've been running a lot of it for over a year. Figure I'll check back in

2009, maybe they'll have something new.
Reply to
CW

I was impressed with the web site in general. It makes me think about cancelling my Comcast cable service. My thanks to the person who posted the link to the web site.

Reply to
Bill

I liked the multiple channels thing... but from what I saw for wood, they are doing nothing more than echoing thewoodworkingchannel.com (I brought up both sites, and they were showing the same show, about 6 times over a couple of weeks).

Beyond that... agreed on Roy Underhill! Wish UNC offered more than the past

3 years or so on DVDs, especially since I now live in an area that the show isn't available any longer.

-- Kurt

"Bill" wrote in news:mpKdnb_m9bXG42rYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Carlin