Woodworking history

Saw this in Woodshop News magazine; haven't seen it mentioned here, thought some would enjoy.

A gentleman named Ray McInnis has been documenting how the woodworking trade has developed through the years. He's elected to do it on the Web instead of in print.

've just scratched the surface; lots of interesting stuff, including lots of historical photos and illustrations.

Enjoy!

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

An encyclopedia of woodworking? One will have to be an extensive reader to read it all, once finished. I don't think there is a way to reduce all the info into one book, as I understand he is to do.... 12 chapters!??

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

That does look interesting. I am going to check it out. I am new enough to woodworking that I am sure there will be much to learn.

Reply to
ExtremelyAvg

I went to the link. I didn't find it terribly interesting. The writing is a bit dry. I also didn't like it that he kept violating the copyright of other people by 'copying off the net'. I may be too sensitive about copyright, as I am someone who sells stock photos, but that is how I feel. I also found the site layout to be not very pleasing to the eye.

So, though I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it, I am always happy to check out something new.

Reply to
ExtremelyAvg

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 18:52:52 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Sonny scrawled the following:

Well, if you shorten things a bit, it could work.

"Gustav Stickley designed and built furniture." "William Morris made wallpaper and fabrics."

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques