Han
email address is invalid
✖
On 11/1/11 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.ina.fr/economie-et-societe/education-et-enseignement/video/VDD10045545/la-fabrication-d-un-siege-a-l-ecole-boulle.fr.html
I want that bandsaw!
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/1/2011 12:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah! It's kind of a no nonsense machine.
Add pictures here
✖

Your Laguna cut as smoothly as that bandsaw? But, forget the bandsaw, I'd like some of the wood that was available in that era and the prices that went with it. Imagine what it would be worth in today's market?
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/1/2011 5:52 PM, Dave wrote:

Absolutely!
But, forget the bandsaw,

No kidding! no gluing up of pieces to achieve the needed thickness. Actually we have a lumber yard that has stock like that but I fit in to that group that "If you have to ask you can't afford it".
Add pictures here
✖

If there's any lumber yards within an hour's worth of Toronto that have lumber fitting that description, I haven't yet seen one.
One of my fantasies after finally owning my own home is to search out a slab of solid wood suitable in size for a dining room table. I can just envision myself setting up router jig and flattening a wooden slab that size.
Gotta buy more lottery tickets, many more lottery tickets...
Add pictures here
✖

for conference tables, etc
<http://www.urbanhardwoods.com/
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:06:02 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Yeah. I could use that house down payment and put it towards buying one of those monstrous slabs of wood. Sat through the slide show. Some absolutely monstrous pieces of wood there. And, a hell of a lot of it, stickered, stacked and drying. Think I'd have to visit British Columbia to find anything to match what they had at Urban Hardwoods.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2011-11-02 11:06:02 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> said:

These guys look to have some interesting slabs: http://stores.ebay.com/Berkshire-Products-Inc /
If you've got $4,400 to spare, check this item: 270829016706
Some of their slabs seem cut a bit thin compared to the overall size, but what do I know?
Add pictures here
✖

Really! Most knowledgeable people would kill for a 36" machine.
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/1/2011 11:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Did you notice the wooden guide block???
Add pictures here
✖

On the (not quite OSHA-approved) shaper? Yes. On the bandsaw? No.
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/2/2011 8:21 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

On the BS, it looked like a 2x2 about 8" long. It had several slots in it. The guide on the shaper looked like a carving.
I was once told by a Minimax rep that a good BS does not need a guide. I tend to agree. Not saying that the BS in the video was not an excellent one, just that the guide block was marginal by today's standards and saw would probably easily keep up with most of today's machines.
Add pictures here
✖
Keep up? I think it would destroy most machines by todays standards. That thing cut through thick wood like butter. It was beautiful.
On 11/2/2011 12:47 PM, Leon wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On 11/3/2011 10:20 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

It was beautiful but there are many band saws that can easily keep up, my Laguna does not hesitate when resawing. It will cut thicker wood faster than my cabinet saw. You have to be comparing apples to apples.
Add pictures here
✖

Cool stuff. If anyone needs any of the text translated, I will be happy to do so. Just post it here.
It's sad to note that many, if not most, of those kids would die in the trenches in the following six years.
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/1/2011 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.ina.fr/economie-et-societe/education-et-enseignement/video/VDD10045545/la-fabrication-d-un-siege-a-l-ecole-boulle.fr.html
Very cool, a mostly lost talent suspect. With out the sound I imagined hearing the music that Festool plays on their site. ;~)
Add pictures here
✖