woodworkers in paradise

Aloha woodworkers for those of us who live "outside the contiguous states" i.e.. Hawaii and Alaska. In the latest issue of WOOD magazine the advertising by "Pennstateindustries" for clamps is false. Stated very clearly in the bottom left corner; Free shipping on clamp orders over $100". There is no qualifier about the contiguous states. I tried to place an order and was refused free shipping. Brad Stafford
While the ad didn't state that (and it should have), you weren't surprised were you? After all, what do you want??? Free shipping AND paradise? Sheez! :-)
Wayne

bottom
qualifier
free
Wed, Jun 16, 2004, 5:43pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (bradstafford) says: <snip> Free shipping on clamp orders over $100". There is no qualifier about the contiguous states. I tried to place an order and was refused free shipping.
I'd probably get back to them and mention things like "false advertsing", "truth in advertising", etc. Maybe mention whatever office covers that stuff. Might get your free shipping then. Once. Next ads will probably have the disclaimer. Be polite.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
That was only in the USA, maybe they don't count Hawaii in that group. Remember back in the late 60's early 70's when the Arabs cut the oil lines to the US? Hawaii was exempted from that embargo until some nut in the state department reminded the Arabs that Hawaii was a state of the USA. Some people/groups just aren't too aware of where they are on the planet.

bottom
qualifier
free
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:19:44 GMT, "Sweet Sawdust"

I'm sure all the Hawaiians thanked that official for his pronouncement.