Holiday in Paradise

Bali is blessed with a natural panorama and unique culture. And blessed with white and black sandy beaches, lovely waves, natural hot springs, and lush tropical gardens. Bali is known as 'the last paradise'.

Balinese culture has a high value of civilization, based on Hindu religion which teaches friendliness, humanity, a high appreciation of nature and great respect to the arts. Bali, therefore, is the perfect place for an entire family vacation. It's a place where you will find comfortable lodgings, caring service, a wealth of leisure activities mixed with friendly people and a welcome atmosphere.

More about Bali:

a nice day.

Reply to
Global

Bali stinks to high heaven. I would never go back there, even if they paid me. Young yobs on motorbikes stealing tourists luggage right from under their noses outside the hotels. Beggars on the streets like you've never seen before in your life.

Stick Bali up yer arse, I say.

PLONK!!!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

Isn't Bali where a night club full of Aussies was bombed, few years ago?

Reply to
terry

Isn't Bali where a night club full of Aussies was bombed, few years ago?

Yep. And they were only after one person, but bombed the whole club to be sure. So they are clever people as well.

(I say with tongue in cheek)

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

I was actually there a few weeks ago, while the 6th anniversary of the bombing took place

88 australians 38 Indonesians 23 brits
  • various others

I went there under duress - I knew I was going to hate it, I worked there 10 years ago (on the microwave link between Bali and Lombok)

I have to say I was very surprised at how much better it is now than it was then - every second itinerant trying to sell you a piece of wood that they had cut a nick out of etc. It really has improved - yeah there are a few beggars here and there, just as we have on almost any high street in the UK

Big Wallop - did you actually see any "Young yobs on motorbikes stealing tourists luggage right from under their noses outside the hotels" or was it just urban myth ?

While I was in Bali having a fairly laid back, safe time, getting absolutely nothing stolen, my brother was in Thailand and had his passport and all his money nicked from the hotel

I take it you never really made it outside Kuta and didn't really see much of Bali itself

Go to most other cities in Indonesia, you'll find it much worse, as for the mopeds ...

BTW if anyone is thinking of going to Bali, you really don't need these "realbali" jokers - plenty of useful info in e.g. Lonely planet book and online

If anyone wants a good cheap vehicle with or without driver (if you aren't used to Indonesian driving, you should use a driver), I can recommend mrputu snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
geoff

In message , Global writes

kirim spam kesini

pergi off goblok

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, you do get around. Did you break a car when you were down there?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It was a horrible attack. In the open area, so it caused as much damage as possible. Definitly planned by someone who knew what they were doing.

It was my luggage. Left on the ground outside the hotel while I turned round to pay the taxi driver. The two bags were between my feet when the barsteward grabbed them and rode off on his little Singer Sewing machine of a moped. The engine was screaming so much, I thought the needle and thread were going to break.

Truth be told, I love the place. First time there was in 83, and had a fantastic time, barging my way through the ornaments and trinkets that the street sellers were shoving in my face. But now, it's completely changed. They have city police and rural security officers. All paid for by the tourist trade. Much better than it was. I remember when an Indonesian Holiday would cost a years wages and a couple of bribes to the airline pilot, just to make sure you were going to land safely. :-) But that's a whole other story.

I've seen Indonesia in its Golden Face of Paradise seasons and I've been teriffied when the Devil is doing his laundry and chunking his dirty water all over the shores. The people are to sweet to be frightning, except the youngsters who have seen to many old gangster movies. LOL

All in all, I love Bali. I love that whole part of the world. I love it even more now, than I did on my earlier visits, I have to admit.

Reply to
BigWallop

Munkin ada yang tau ada yang ngga tentang hal ini.

(Perhaps there is a love that everybody has in them)

Reply to
BigWallop