Bird of paradise question

Hi all...

I'm new to this group.

When we moved into our new house, we inherited a 35-50 year-old white bird of paradise tree (for lack of a better word). It has three main trunks, is

20 feet tall, and the trunks are all very woody and desperately need to be cleaned up.

What should I be careful of? What should I do? What should I not do?

Thanks for your help!

Lee

(Please remove "nospammersorwade" to email... Thanks!)

Reply to
lee

Take it out and put in something else. Most of the homeowners I deal with got a white bird as part of the builder's landscape. They always look good when they're first planted and then slowly get ugly over time. They will spread from an underground rhizome so don't worry about a hard cutback.

Reply to
Ricky