Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

Page 1 of 2

At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.
Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?
KIMOSABE wrote:

On 8/25/2010 9:34 PM, KIMOSABE wrote:

If you get a single response saying that the Woodworker II is anything but a stellar performer, I'll be surprised. I have one and I suspect dozens of others here do as well. It's worth every penny.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

I have been using that blade, "regular kerf" for 10+ years. I have two, I switch them out when one goes back to Forrest for sharpening and bringing back to factory specs. Wouldn't want to be with out one.
I literally use it for "all" of my fine cuts including all ripping.
On 8/25/2010 9:34 PM, KIMOSABE wrote:

I have had two for beaucoup years, fixing to buy another, and would not be without any of them.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:

Great blade. They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf rather than a V. You might like that one even better.
That said, I'm now running the Freud Fusion blade and it seems to be as good except the last time I looked it wasn't available with a flat kerf. That may have changed.

grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.
http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

I want the same blade. I can't find it either. There's a phone number on the home page. I'm going to call during the week.

You can get them directly from Forrest (WW10401125 - $124.20):
http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm#custom
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT), "Irish O'Bama"

Yeah, I don't know if there is a thin kerf #6 grind. The normal kerf #6 grind is on their "custom blades" page:
http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm#custom
The #6 grind is not perfectly flat; there will be a small "ear" on each side of the kerf.
The #1 grind is even more "special" in that the kerf is perfectly flat, but I believe it is not suitable for use as a general purpose blade.
You can get a better price for the Forrest WWII here http://www.forrestwoodworkerii.com /

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT), "Irish O'Bama"

Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.
<gd&r>
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
On 8/28/2010 9:16 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune time"? At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 8/28/10 9:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

"C2 tungsten carbide"
C2? Isn't Rosewood harder than C2? :-)
--

-MIKE-

Maybe, but the blade is on sale. Did you see the fantastic price reduction. List price is $8.00, on sale for $7.97 What a bargain

But they don't make them to fit a Festeringtool.
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:44:20 -0500, Steve Turner

Nah, they're actually fairly good blades. I've run through 4 or 5 in the past decade and nary a tooth has gone missing on me. Oh, I've had a couple more on a Delta miter saw. Make that 7. They're cheaper to buy than having a better blade sharpened.
Some day I'll buy a real saw blade, but these are OK until then.
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT), "Irish O'Bama"

I just got back from a tour of the woodworking stores in Atlanta (on business there this morning). Woodcraft had the WW-II #1 grind in the store. They don't show it online, but they had one in stock (and four of five of the standard grind models).
KIMOSABE wrote:

WWII's regularly get the best ratings whenever one of the woodworking magazines does a comparison. I'm sure you'll get nothing but high marks from the folks here.
I've got 2 and rotate them for sharpenings. I've also got two Forrest Chopmasters for my SCMS and am equally pleased with them.
~Mark.