Woodtek 6 X 48 Belt Sander

I have done a google search and can not find anything about this sander. I have been interested in the Woodteck model that includes a

12' disk sander and a 6 X 48" belt sander. I plan on using it for general wood shop sanding duties.

I would appreciate any comments from any one in the group that has used this sander. Also, If there is any relevant tool reviews of this sander, I would appreciate any help in locating where to find them.

Reply to
joenation1

That's a "house brand" for Woodworkers Supply...

I have done a google search and can not find anything about this > sander.

Reply to
Pat Barber

As Pat says, Woodtek is Woodworkers Supply branded stuff. I can't recall ever seeing any Woodtek equipment reviewed although I suppose somebody must on at least the rare occasion. The "why" of that I can only hypothesize about so I won't.

I've been tempted w/ Woodtek on occasion but in the end I've never bought it--the choice of colors is just _too_ ugly is actually a big part of it in my case! :(

I have used Woodworkers Supply quite a bit on a lot of other things and have found them universally good to deal with. If the tool fits the purpose and budget (and you can stand the ugly green and yellow paint :) ), I'd say go for it. As Pat also says, I would expect similar to Grizzly quality although having not had any for direct comparison that's surmised on company reputation, not hands on equipment.

Not _exactly_ what you're looking for, hope it's of some use...

Reply to
dpb

I recently bought the Grizzly version of this machine. The price was unbeatable and while I had never owned a Grizzly tool, I thought this was a safe first item to try from this. I'm not prepared to write a full review on the tool - only been using it for about two months - but there are a few things to note:

The product manual is old and inaccurate so setup requires some interpretation The table for the disk sander does not firm lock in (wobbles) Changing the disk paper on the disk sander is not a quick exercise

I found the belt sander to work well and has been a great resource so far.

Reply to
warbler