Woodsucker II vs. Oneida 2hp

I don't currently have dust collection. As I spend more time in the shop and get ready to build kitchen cabinets, I can't put it off any longer. I came close to buying one of the new canister types by Jet or Delta, but have decided to do it right and buy a cyclone.
I have done quite a bit of research in this newsgroup and on the web and have narrowed it down to the Oneida 2hp and the Woodsucker II. I'm sure that either unit will offer excellent performance in my 2-car garage shop.
I can't find a compelling reason to buy one over the other. The price difference between these two units is small enough that it is not a consideration. One thing that may matter is how loud the units are, but I am unable to find decent stats.
I'm in the St. Louis area and don't know of a place where I can see either of these units in action.
Thoughts, comments, experience are requested. Thanks.
Hi Wyatt, When I bought my Oneida they sold as an option a muffler for the unit. It could be added at anytime. I didn't buy it as I find the rumble of the blower is less annoying than the noise generated by any of the tools it services. YMMV. Cheers, JG
Wyatt Wright wrote:

I agree I measured the sound levels and the dc was about 90dbs or so if I remember right. most of the tools were atleast that or more.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
<< I can't find a compelling reason to buy one over the other. >><BR><BR>
On 07 Aug 2004 19:25:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DarylRos) wrote:

Where does the 8' duct go? From what I have read, most of the noise from the Woodsucker is a result of the plastic bag.
Woodsucker says that the Oneida needs to be disassembled to be cleaned. I assume that they are talking about the model with the internal filter. Is that what your friend has? How does he like it. If I go with Oneida, I doubt that I will get the internal filter.
thanks for the input.

<< Where does the 8' duct go? From what I have read, most of the noise from the Woodsucker is a result of the plastic bag. >><BR><BR>
The return air comes from above the filter. So I will run the insulated duct from the return air through the wall, and then along the ceiling for around 10'.
<< I assume that they are talking about the model with the internal filter. Is that what your friend has? How does he like it.

Since I have to install mine outside, the internal filter would have been ieasier, but I wanted no part of regular cleanings, especially in the winter. My friend went with the external filter. he said Oneida told him thier calculations showed he could keep the filter outside (in a shed) and the leakage through the garage door would provide enough make up air. I assume they know what they are talking about, but I wanted the return air back, since it will otherwise take the warmed air in the winter out, and I would replace it with cold outside air. That's why I went with the Woodsucker.
He also hasn't hooked his up yet, but it is a very impressive system.
Yet another friend is building his own cyclone, using Bill Pentz's design.
I would be they will all work well. The home built cyclone is for a much larger pro shop, and will be powered by a 5 HP motor, so i don't think the systems will be comparable.