Woodsplitter

What is the name of the wood splitter that Roy Underhill uses? It has a handle on one end, a blade that's about 15 inches long, and a place on the other end to strike with a mallet? I'd like to get one, but I don't know what it's called, where to buy it, or if if they are still able to be purchased.
Thanks,
S.
it's called a FROE i'd bet if you look online you could find one . they use them for splitting staves. ross
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Yes, there's one on Ebay for 20.00. I appreciate the help.
S.

An expression I learned from my dad is "dull as a froe".

I think Lee Valley may carry them as well.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com says...

Thanks. I bought one from Lehman's. I've been cutting wood on my place, and when I split oak for firewood and see that beautiful grain, I know I need to use some of it to make stuff.
S.
samson wrote:
... snip

Ah, the force is strong in this one. :-)

Are you asking about a froe? Here is one source: http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000583.php
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .