WoodDorks of Bumfuk - A Song!

Just so there's no confusion - this is to be sung to the tune of Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.
I saw a WoodDork with a Christmas Toolist in his hand Walking through the streets of Bumfuk in the rain He was looking for the place called Lee Valley Going to get his bad self a Lie-Nielson plane
Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo
(Repeat)
You hear him howling around your shop's back door Better not let him in Ole Robby Lee got held up late last night WoodDorks of Bumfuk again
Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo
(Repeat)
He's the barely handy gent who's money's always spent You better stay away from him He'll plane your lungs out, Jim (Huh!) He'd like to meet Tim Taylor
Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo
(Repeat)
Well, I saw Norm Abram talking on the screen Doing the WoodDorks of Bumfuk I saw Roy Underhill talking on the screen (Uh!) Doing the WoodDorks of Bumfuk
I saw a WoodDork planing a hunk of nasty crossgrained Cocobolo His curl was perfect
(Heh!)
Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk (Tage Frid) Ahhoooo
Draw blood
(Apologies to Mr. Zevon - RIP)
Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania 19428 http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Tom,
Did you change the wattage of the fluorescent bulbs out in the shop.......;-)
Bob S.

says...

Think he was checking the gas pressure in them. :-)

Tom What kind of sawdust have you been breathing??? <G>

I got two words for ya ..... "lacquer thinner"

Yep That'l do it

Hold on tight to that day job!
<gd&r>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Woodworkers, nail guns & money.....the chips have hit the fan! ( or maybe dust collector...) Tom you're better at this, now what? Festus

Well, they can't all be award winners.... Keep it up, though. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
I'm honored - immortalized with Norm, Roy, Tage, and best of all...Tim.
:)
Rob

Tom, now that you're warmed up, how about someting epic, something big, something long-striding across history's littered stage. Set it to The Ring of the Nibelungen. Or better, the Norse saga of the Ragnorak, when humans armed with nothing but blue Marples face the gods in the Final Battle. Let it spring fully-formed from your mind, as though from the forehead of Zeus, eh. Bob

With apologies to Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, and Bugs Bunny:
"Kill the Rabbet! Kill the Rabbet!"

That's "wabbet," dude, and don't forget it. Tom could also get seriously obscure and do a takeoff on "Le Mortise D'Arthur."
Bob
Bob

Or, Ebayowulf.
Tom, This latest spate of bad weather we're having {here in Philly area} must have you 'cold & lonely' in the shop. {Wood that be considered 'Cabinet Fever'?}
Ron PS: Joanne LOVED the stuff . . . was actually laughing when she read them. Which is unusual in itself; she typically just 'glances & trashes' what I print out.

If and *only*if* the Brunhilda-equivalent role is filled by a be-Fudd-led singer with a speech defect. And, BTW, it's -not- that way in the original script, either. Mel did the voice 'personalities' _without_ explicit cues in the script text.

With Sir Mandrel in a supporting role, no doubt.
And the enchantress Morgan eBay.

The downside of being self-employed? No Employee-Assistance-Plans for these things when the occur. :) Good job (as always) dude..