Woodcraft Adirondack chair template

I wonder if Woodcraft is paying royalties to Russ Morash for the use of Norm's Adirondack plan to create the templates they are selling.

Dick "just wondering" Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Which chair? Woodcraft has several sets of Adirondack chair plans for sale. Just about everybody who has ever made any quantity of outdoor furniture has his own variation on the design.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not just a plan, but a plan and template:

looked at the template the last time I was in a Woodcraft store and they look just like the ones for Norm's chair.

Reply to
Olebiker

Do look pretty close.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Looks pretty close to the one Nam made, with a slight difference, looks like the arms have changed a bit.

I've made about a half dozen of the Nam versions, the first two were even of the same Cyprus from

the old brewery in Boston that Nam got his from back in 1990, wow, has it been that long.

Reply to
John

Can't be his. Norm had a full back. This one only gives you templates for the left side.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hummm,..... I didn't pick up on that, but you are right, maybe they did that because it's an outdoor chair, and that design would allow the leaves just to blow on through, and note pile up on the seat..... wow... wish I had thought to do that.

Reply to
John