Wood worm

Page 2 of 2

One classic solution is to keep the object at 120 F for a few hours. This will desiccate the bugs and their eggs. This approach is used for bedbug infestations - one heats the entire room and everything in it. It seems to be the only approach that works.
Joe Gwinn
Joe Gwinn wrote:

I know a family in California that had their house completely covered by a "tent", with chemicals pumped in, to clear the insects (termites, I think) which had taken tenancy in the kitchen. It was successful.
On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:43:57 -0500

with large pieces with thicker wood it is good to go more than a few hours depends on the wood type too
some wood has better insulative properties than other.
i bake all my wood turning wood for multiple hours at 135 degrees
One just doesn't put a canister inside and let some gas out. The house tent is pressurized with very lethal gas.
They do the same thing in Tractor trailers holding wood made furniture and then attach a certificate of protection.
If a wood bear or table or what is sold. It goes into the tank of gas.
Martin
On 12/14/2015 4:02 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

replying to swalker, Traveler wrote: We also purchased a large armoire from Nadeau and it was infested with powder post beetles. Sent a sample of the "bugs" and the sawdust to NC State Entomology dept to confirm. Nadeau did take the piece back and give us a full refund. Sad though because we really liked this piece. We shopped there again this time with more knowledge of what to look for and saw a piece in their store with signs of infestation. The employees denied that this was what we were seeing when we pointrd out sawdust and exit holes. They said it was the way the piece was stained and aged. That was enough for us to leave.