wood storage bins under a counter... revised question

My daughter wants me to try to build some kind of storage bin under a

> counter in her utility room. I was thinking of (9) bins about 15' wide with > a front lip at an angle like the stackable plastic bins you can buy. Does > any one know were I can get plans or ideas? I was planning on using 1/2" > plywood. > > Thanks

O.K. so I made a simple type error. 15" wide This is what I have in mind but installed under a 45" long counter top.

Sonny

This is probably different from your situation, but I built a cabinet to store plastic containers for my grandson's toys. It is fairly large at about 42" W x 42"H x 20"D. It stores 12 containers. I was concerned about the finished weight and appearance if I used plywood so I made framed panels. I used 3/4" poplar and varnish oil finish. The intermediate shelves had frames only (no panels). It was a lot of work to make all those mortises. (If I did it again I would use dowels - much quicker). The cabinet is a hit with my daughter and grandson.

See ABPW for photo.

Brian

1/2" | > plywood. | >

| > Thanks | | O.K. so I made a simple type error. 15" wide | This is what I have in mind but installed under a 45" long counter top. |

| %5fview=images#images | |

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC