wood prices

Yes. And an addendum, from the un-real site:
"... if anyone actually mistakes this for the genuine Government web site, then they probably have more problems than getting unhelpful advice."
NB: My replies generally assume knowledge relevant to the subject at hand commensurate with its context. FWIW. -- Igor
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:13:43 +0100, Andy Dingley

I love the honesty and forthright discussion in this one. It simply HAS to be the fake.

Judging by the number of languages in which the booklets are being printed, I see that you also pander to furriners (who don't speak a word of English) in th UK. I think the California voting pamphlet comes in 29 languages now. Ahhh, America (and now the UK), melting pots of the world!
HEY - He is a she and she is a reporter for the Wall Street Journal. I spoke with her. She is having difficulty finding the right group of people to discuss the effect building material prices is having on DIY home improvement as well as professional.
She knows she is having some problems. This group is leaving impressions but not much help.

Maybe if she gave us more information what she's after, more of us would "chip" in and spend effort helping her? I'm not going to drop 3 pages on someone I only heard from once with a vague question.
Excuse the hell out of me, but should I have refused to divulge my wood souces? You guys got me thinking I gave information to the enemy. <gr>
Re: wood prices Group: rec.woodworking Date: Fri, Jul 23, 2004, 4:30pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JT) Fri, Jul 23, 2004, 9:15am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@wsj.com (AveryJohnson) who claims: I'm a reporter doing a story about rising wood prices and home improvement. Can any of you comment for me on how this affects your craft? <snip> Second thread you've started today. And, still no credentials given. JOAT Every thing that happens stays happened. - Death waxes philosophical
On 23 Jul 2004 09:15:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@wsj.com (Avery Johnson) wrote:

Recently, I have been getting a lot of free wood due to strong summer storms and I've been turning wood rather than building cabinets. Somehow many woodworkers find alternatives to high-priced woods, which is actually a very good thing.