Wood drying newbie needs advice

We're in the process of cutting down one of our 33-year old Yew bushes (well, at 15-20 feet it's more like a tree than a bush). I've saved a few branches of relatively straight segments and would like to use them to make something, probably a lathe project. How long would I need to dry them out before I could use them?
TIA Norm

Depending on the look/effect you are after, many use the wood right away. As the wood dries the project takes on it's own character. Also many turn the bulk of a project when the wood is green as it turns much easier and faster. They then let the started project dry for several months and finish after the wood has become more stable.