Wood burning

Hello, I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this. I an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find a group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.
Dawn

Well, back when I was doing it I generally cut the wood into 16" chunks for the living room stove or into 36" chunks for the basement stove (when we had it), and split some of it into smaller pieces while leaving some of it as a log. Just chucked it into the stove and let it burn. Oh wait - you're talking about the "other" kind of woodburning... Don't know a thing about it.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

You may have some luck by following up with some local wood carver groups. Often, wood carvers use high end wood burning tools. I know my father-in-law wood burns all the time and he's right into carving.
Brian

Hi, Dawn,
Do a Google search on "Pyrography". You'll find plenty of information and inspiration.
HTH
Frank

You might have found these sites by "googling", if not here are some that will help you gain entry into the world of Pyrography(woodburning).(G)
http://www.woodburner.com/404.php
This one next on is called the Pyrography museum...lots of info. http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4029/directory.html
Check out this Pyrography(woodburning) group on Yahoo, lots of info from pros here. Just use you web broser to reach the Yahoo groups and then search for the following. uniting_pyrographers Global Pyrographers - I.A.P.A.
Check the ezine on woodcarving on this web site, it has a very informative column each issue on Pyrography(woodburning), make sure you look at the back issues. http://carverscompanion.com/Ezine/WWWEzine.html
GJP