Wood, and more wood ...

From Wimp.com: Artist Giuseppe Penone carefully removes the rings of growth to reveal the "sapling within". By carving out the inside of a tree trunk and leaving the knots in place, they eventually emerge as tiny limbs.
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopJustStuff#5819220167260610594
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

That is really cool...
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
Besides the work of art, itself, that's pretty amazing, considering all the work involved. Not your typical weekend project! I'd like to see it in person. What would one do for an encore project?
Sonny
On 12/7/2012 9:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopJustStuff#5819220167260610594
The building seem quite amazing too.
On 12/7/2012 9:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopJustStuff#5819220167260610594
Looking beyond the art. Is there anything that looks better than wood architecture?
LdB
On 12/7/2012 1:15 PM, LdB wrote:

Not much ... a bit more visible "timber frame" joinery and hog heaven would be achieved. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/7/2012 9:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

So how many did he break saving the ones he did??? :)
On 12/7/2012 1:23 PM, dpb wrote:

Not to mention that I'm sure there is plenty of artistic license involved in the end product, but it does thoroughly tickle the imagination. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Friday, December 7, 2012 1:46:13 PM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

in the end product....
Hmmm? Artistic license?! I would like to think he did, in fact, carve out the trunk, to reveal the inner small sapling, and not employ "artistic license" in carving out a cavity in the trunk and installing some other sapling into the cavity.
As presented, I'll accept that he did do the carving, as explained.
Sonny
On 12/7/2012 2:24 PM, Sonny wrote:

the trunk, to reveal the inner small sapling, and not employ "artistic license" in carving out a cavity in the trunk and installing some other sapling into the cavity.

Didn't want to burst your balloon, cher! :)
Just like the "French model" in the video, color me a wee bit suspicious of all things being exactly what they seem on the Internet, especially when it's labeled as "art" and then photographed.
I would like to think that is exactly as represented, reserve judgement for a personal inspection, but still nonetheless appreciate the artist' tickling of my imagination.
<and, just in case you haven't seen it>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpbS00RNZhY

ITMT, "Bawwnn Jyour" ... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:36:47 PM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

It needed bursting. I missed your earlier meaning.
After a little searching, seems his work is genuine and accurate as described. http://www.ago.net/giuseppe-penone-the-hidden-life-within and here: http://www.improvisedlife.com/2012/10/11/giuseppe-penones-tree-the-hidden-life-within /
That museum is the AGO Galleria Italia in Toronto, Ontario, Ca. - http://www.ago.net/galleria-italia
Sonny
A friend, in Toronto, visits the museum occassionally and found this video on the museum website. http://artmatters.ca/wp/tag/giuseppe-penone /
Sonny
It's good to be here for having many information about woodworking. If I want to learn some tips about woodworking from you, will instruct me?
--
anisagimran

anisagimran wrote:

Just read all the woodworking posts here everyday and you'll find lots of tips. If you have a question, just post it and maybe someone will answer it. If you want a contract, then you can create one by making an offer. Or you could just sign up for a class which is basically the same thing.

I have a feeling that the message was intended to get past spam filters. It probably contains hyperlinks (that get stripped out).
It was posted through the web interface at DIYbanter. (Sometimes I wind up there searching the past archives of the group. Better than Google Groups for searching and reading.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Puckdropper wrote:

You are probably right. We can watch for anisagimran's follow-up!
I did a search on his name and found he is relatively new to alot of related forums. So at least he is enthusiastic! ; )
Cheers, Bill
Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopJustStuff#5819220167260610594
solid after the sapwood is gone.