Wood table, drinks rings

We recently bought a smart wood table, I'm not clued up enough to know what wood it is, but it's light in colour, looks a little bit like walnut but without the masses of knots. It's finished with some kind of wax, which unfortunately has turned a shade lighter where drinks have been spilled, and there are one or two obvious mug rings on it :-(
What's the best way to remove the rings? It looks like the wax (or whatever it is) has discoloured, so adding more wax doesn't look like an option.
--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2

The _best_ way involves having someone knowledgeable actually see it.
The most likely way to not foul up involves a dose of Liberon's Ring Remover. This will either make things appreciably better, or you'll need to find out just what the finish is before proceeding further.
The quickest way is to rub it with mayonnaise. Yes, Hellman's.
(Do not buy your Ring Remover from the Rupali curry house of Newcastle. It's not the same thing at all)
Andy Dingley wrote:

My wife has good results rubbing brazil or walnut kernels over em.

I've successfully used T-Cut to remove these things. Try an unseen bit of wood first, though.
Lee.
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:58:52 +0100, "Lee Derbyshire" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote:

Depends on the finish - T-cut has uses on hard finishes with surface damage, but it's no help for oil or wax and it's damaging to shellac.

Oops, yes - I forgot about the wax, and immediately thought of varnish when I saw the word 'rings'.