woman needs reciprocating saw

Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Reply to
mstarr

Depends on how high and just how big the limbs are. Search Amazon for Milwaukee 6509-22 or Poulan 810EPT Electric Pole Pruner

The 6509-22 is very versital but the Poulan maybe a better choice if you have to do this more than once. Maybe a local equipment rental yard might be better yet.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

You might look into an electric chain saw. It will cut limbs that are thicker and does not weigh too much. Go to your local hardware or borg and try it out. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I also use a recip saw for limbs and highly recommend them. I would suggest just going to your local tool supplier (i.e. Home Depot/Lowes, etc) and see how they feel.

You might consider a cordless model for convenience, but remember that the battery adds weight.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

On the tree, or once they're off the tree?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

if it is a reciprocating saw you have your mind set to, check Harbor Freight for under 20 bucks can't beat the price. iv'e got one and it's not bad ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I have a good chainsaw, but have found that my cheap noname (China) Sawzall type reciprocating saw is great for cutting up large branches for firewood,. and also for pruning tree branches. I use a long very coarse blade and feel it is a LOT safer than any chainsaw especially if I need to use a ladder.

For cutting branches to length, I use the trigger lock to have it run continuously and hold the saw at the front hand position with my right hand and use my left hand to hold the branch as I cut it (upwards) into stove lengths. If something were to go astray it would make a mess of flesh but not nearly as bad as a chainsaw would. I find chainsaws too powerful for cutting small wood and (since I have used them a LOT as a faller) I have learned a healthy respect for all that exposed sharp chain. I do wear gloves.

Reply to
Private

I use this saw for branches up to 7" in diameter.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Also note that you can get a blade for the recip which is similar to a D saw, designed specifically for fast cutting of branches and the like. I have one from True Value Hardware - I think it's 9 or 12" long.

Tom

Dave Balderst> >

Reply to
pointpeninsula

How "heavy"? perhaps an electric chainsaw..otherwise, in a recip for branches: whatever they're selling at Costco

Reply to
Rudy