Will a Veritas Router Table Accept a Lift?

Anybody know if you can outfit the Veritas Router Table with a router lift? Seems most lifts require a rectangual baseplate....
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageB932&category=1,43053,43885&ccurrency=2&SID

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageB932&category=1,43053,43885&ccurrency=2&SID It's basically a sheet of metal. There might be a way to attach a lift to it, bit it would be a real pain in the ass to install a functional lift. I can also see the mechanism of a lift clashing with the attached router attachment mechanism. You'd likely need to do some welding and take the chance of destroying the temper of the plate as well as accidentally cutting through it.. I wouldn't consider it for more than a few very short seconds.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageC039&category=1,43053,43885&ccurrency=1&SID>
Is there anyone here that is using this bit jack? I was wondering if it can be reversed to lower the router with the same .002 gradations that it can raise them?
Wow. That's clever. Looks like it uses the plunge mechanism in a plunge router. Wouldn't it be nice to be an engineer for Veritas?
I have a fixed based router. I could get a plunge but that' cost me as much as the lift itself.
I;m converging on buying a bench dog lift and table and fence. And building my own cabinet to mount it on. Athough I haven't research router table fences very much....