WILHF

Why I like Harbor Freight.
Just got an email from WoodCraft giving me a whopping 43% discount, the add reads as follows:
Taper Jig & Joint'R Clamp Taper Jig • reg. $19.99 • SALE $ 12.99 • Save 35% Joint'R Clamp • reg. $15.50 • SALE $ 9.99 • Save 35% Buy Them Both and Save Over 43% Set of Both reg. $35.49 • SALE $ 19.99
I just got the identical (really) item from HF for seven or eight dollars. Even with the free freight WoodCraft was offering, they are still a tad high.
Deb
I'm always dubious when I read the claim about HF being identical. Somehow they manage to make the cheapest, thinnest, most lightweight materials out of the crappiest metal and pawn it off as the same with a coat of bright paint (which is still wet in the corners).
I don't know how you can claim identical unless you took it to the woodcraft store and laid it side by side. I'm sure the sales guy was thrilled with that.
Bob

I'll vouch for that! I just took a chance on a flatbed nursery cart -- "just like" the ones they have at the nursery to haul trees, able to withstand a load of 600lbs. Plow and Hearth (I think) had one for 160.00, the HF one was 49.95 -- but looked identical - in the pictures. I got it, and it was a big piece of...tin. So thin, the corners bent down on it. It would have been too costly to send back, so .......lesson learned.

heh - and I was worried the one from Woodcraft was too good to be true...