Why I hate the Borg

Page 2 of 2
Have you tried 84 Lumber on Milan Rd?
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

Snip Tried there, didn't have MDF in 3/4". Asked who did, got the reply, "I don't know any place who stocks 3/4."
So, I went to Carter Lumber in Sheffield/Amhearst area.
-Phil Crow

So, you are suprised that a 19 year old female is not an expert at construction materials? Did you just land here from a distant planet?

At this point you should realize that you are not talking about MDF especially at $11 a sheet. The home depots are not stocked with "experts" for workers. Take anything they tell you with a grain of salt.
Frank

[...]

for that grain of salt: http://www.marshalldist.com/mgc/mgcprods.nsf/abd2/MS11 !OpenDocument Joe
Frank Ketchum wrote: snipped

I never buy anything at a lumber yard or home center unless I see and touch it first to see if it meets my needs and is the proper quality -- then I go and pay for it and pick it up. Prevents such mixups.
With a yard hand I sorted out 15 suitable 5/4 x 4 wester red cedar deck boards, then went to the order desk to get the paperwork, took the paperwork to the cashier to pay for them. The order desk had written the SKU for 3/4 x 6 WR Cedar and the cashier couldn't find the correct SKU for the size I wanted. It took 3 people and about 10 minutes to locate it in their computer, then I finally could pay for the size I wanted and went back to the yard to load up my 15 chosen pieces.
This was at a Canadian BORG called Rona, Home Depot's only competition in Canada.

Eric Tonks wrote:

Had some genious from Rona deliver me two skids of wood, one was labelled shed, one was labelled floor, guess which order they unloaded them in. Shed on top of the floor, on building day we had to move all of the wood off the top skid, move the skid and reload it all, so that I could start building the floor.

It takes special chutzpah to criticize someone's intelligence by referring to them as a "genious."
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

Oh lookie, a spelling lame.
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message:

No no - a spelling lame' - this is French for sumbuddy with a edukashun! LOL!
Jumz

It might be, except for the fact you were engaging in a "limited education borg employee" lame.
If one is going to cast aspersions at other people, one should have one's own ducks properly aligned or else be prepared for the consequences. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Nice weasel attempt.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
snipped-for-privacy@removethispartpobox.com (LRod) writes:

Cut the viking a break. '.no' domain implies non-native english speaker.
scott
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:56:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Sorry, but probably not the case. Note the ".no" is part of his spam killer email addy ( snipped-for-privacy@thanks.no). Also, his original post refers to a Canadian borg, and although there are non-native English speakers in Canada, he doesn't appear to be one of them from the text of the message (spelling aside).
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Take heart, at least they got it right in the end.
Down heah, the wood you'd picked would have either been back in the stack or loaded on someone else's truck by the time you went to fetch it. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
Phil, THIS should have been the time to either leave or seek out the MANAGER. 'MDF' being 'Medium Density FIBERBOARD' - or basically a 'paper & glue' product - storing it outside where it is exposed to weather or high moisture will soon lead to a pile of pulp.
Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {who uses a good bit of MDF & 'Whiteboard' for jigs & Templates}
SNIP 3/4 MDF. He told me that it was kept outside in the lumber

SNIP
Most Menards carry MDF in 3/4 and 1/2 thickness. Also MDO in the same.
Phil Crow wrote:

--

Bob Kuphal -- Wisconsin

Remove NOSPAM to email
You must have stood in the same line when the "lobomites" had their brains "customized". Otherwise you would have realized that particle board in the computer is particle board on the shelf and eleven dollars a sheet is way to cheap to be MDF. I mean, come on Phil, where the heck are you gonna get 3/4" MDF for $11??? Also, a housewife is not a "housewife" if she is working... I haven't ever worked retail, but I expect that with all the help that stores employ, not all those employed by Borgs are gonna be up to YOUR level of expertise in all things woodworking related. It's up to YOU to use a little common sense in situations such as you described.
dave
Phil Crow wrote:

If you got something to say, tell their CEO 'bob snipped-for-privacy@homedepot.com'
Let me tell you, that will get some attention!
Enjoy.