where is the best place to buy a mortising machine?(DELTA)

Ok.. I am ready to buy a mortising machine and looking for suggestions to get the best price. Thanks

Stacey

Reply to
Skippy

"Skippy" wrote in news:K7Rjb.531$W16.336 @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Secret Squirrel

This will help provide a cost comparison for the 34-444. As listed, $600.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

Reply to
jo4hn

Secret Squirrel , decides to chip in.

I like it, thanks Squirrel. Anything associated with Google is alright in my book!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I just spent several days searching, and found that Amazon was the cheapest, unfortunately.

They guarantee lowest prices including shipping costs or 10% off. I could find nobody lower. Be careful of buying reconditioned models, they are cheaper but may come without chisels and bits.

It's depressing that Amazon is taking over the woodworking tool market. You *know* that once they've driven all the other suppliers of they prices will go up.

Reply to
Vince Heuring

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:10:12 GMT, jo4hn pixelated:

Shop Fox G9976/W1671

Toolseeker shows it for $234 but comes up with toolcorral: Toolcorral.com $189.95 + $35 s/h + chisels.

Griz has it for on Christmas sale for $199 + $35 shipping, includes

5/8 and 3/4 chisels. (Ar ar ar!) + $8.95 for a Woodstock 3/8 chisel.
Delta has a new taller model like the Shop Fox for about the same price, half the speed, half the weight. # 14-651

Take a peek at Griz.

------------------------------------------------------------- give me The Luxuries Of Life *

i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Larry Jaques

Reply to
Thomas Satrom

not find model 34-444, but both sites are a good start.

-ghe

Reply to
George Eversole Jr.

Also;

despise the website design, but the prices are good.

-ghe

Reply to
George Eversole Jr.