Where did my post go

Earlier tonight I tried to post a question about a scroll saw. its been 2 hours and I havnt seen it yet. What did I do Wrong

Reply to
a34655

Not too sure why it's not here, but it is in Google Groups. You even have a reply.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Reply to
a34655

ok I found google groups. thanks for the tip

Reply to
a34655

The propagation of usenet articles is nortoriously byzantine. Stuff travels from one computer to another, to another - some messages take the scenic route. It is common to see the reply to a reply before you even see the original question (one reason for proper quoting and replying at the bottom rather than top-posting, b.t.w.).

If you have a good newsreader it will know how to put them questions and replies in order, provided they have all come in before you connect, but that just doesn't always happen.

Patience ;-)

And sometimes, just sometimes, things end up in the Bermuda Triangle or at the bottom of the Sargasso Sea.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Since I don't have your original post in my newsreader, I am responding in this thread, after reading in Google Groups.

Yes, There are a couple of scroll saws selling under your cost limit of $200.00. But there are trade-offs, as I am sure you understand. A another poster's reply in your original thread on Google got it correct on the price ranges.

Some are quite happy with Delta SS350. Others find the blade insertion into the blade chuck difficult (not blade clamping, just blade insertion,) and thus report the blade is angled (front to back) causing a very aggressive cutting action. The more mechanically inclined you are maybe you will be able to live with the Delta and its fussy blade clamps. Delta SS350 will go on sale now and then at different stores and on Web stores, so look around.

Look up scroll saws on EBay (I don't recommend buying on EBay sight unseen) to see how used saws are selling. Note that Harbor F. scroll saws sometimes sell for $30.00, and craftsman sell for under 50% of their purchase price even if just a few years old. And there are a LOT of HF scroll saws on EBay. A used DeWalt (new is about $500.00) sells for about

80% to 90% of its 'new' price. SS350's are rare on EBay as used saws; but my guess is the re-sale price is about $70%.

Your choice, if a saw has a good re-sale value on EBay, shouldn't that give you a good warm feeling about a saw?

Phil

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

G'day, I think that your original post got tied to another thread,somehow??? try this one (scroll saw) posted by ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) dated (19/02/07)

Most of your questions are answered in this thread. regards John

Reply to
John B