what you might get for Xmas...

Luckily SWMBO doesn't buy me tools or might end up with one of these:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Last year SWMBO bought me a Ridgid TS3650... can't wait for this year. :)
message

Wow - pretty sad - the first useful thing in Amazon's most popular "tools" was an LED headlamp, at #8 on the list. Oh, well. There's a great article on Tom Lie-Nielsen in the recent issue of FWW's "Tools & Shops" that reassures me that not all tool manufacturers are going the direction of Black & Decker. And my wife and family are pretty good about sticking to my Lee Valley wishlist - hello edge-trimming block plane? Andy
RayV wrote:

LOL, you've got to make a list.. or even better tell her you'll order it and have it shipped in her name to wrap up, that way you know she won't screw it up. I've had a couple Christmas incidents where I told her the exact brand, model number, etc, and she ended up getting something different because she thought something else was cooler (even though she knows nothing about tools).

Yep. That's happened once or twice. This year, I gave my wife and my parents each a specific item that doesn't cost much and tell them that that is all I want. If they want to give me something else, it has to be wood or scrap metal. Or nothing- I'm okay with that, too. I'm just tired of trying to pretend that I wanted something that is just going to take up room until I think it's safe to get rid of it.

I know what you mean. My wife actually buys stuff I don't like so I can take it back and get something I want. So I am getting more gift cards, those little hunks of plastic you can buy things with.
The best gift I get each year is To Lee, From Lee. With all the crap I have to put up with during the holiday season, I figure I owe myself something nice. Besides, it is an object lesson to anybody present on what is a good gift for me.

The Petzl E47P Tikka Plus Headlamp is a really good item, as is the Dremel; I have both.
To avoid problems such as that, I send my kids and SWMBO my "Gimme list" so that if they have a mind to gift me with tools, they'll get the right ones. I've gotten a Sawzall, a Hitachi router, a Dremel (like the one pictured), and some Porter-Cable tools over the years.
I'm a happy camper . . . .
-Don
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Personally I make heavy use of the LeeValley WISHLISH function.
Everyone one wins!
;)
Mike
who stated:

I assume you've made it public so family members and friends can see what you want?