What to do with some salvaged 3/4" slate?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@westnet.poe.com wrote:

Not pool table slate, though. Most of it comes from Brazil, or Italy if you buy a high-end table.

I assume there's different types of slate. Would a pool table need harder slate or slate less likely to chip?
Upscale wrote:

That, and more. I believe there are issues with moisture content, stability and others. You can get the whole (marketing-related) story at:
http://www.originalitalianslate.com /