What kind of grease for a vice or vice-grips?

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:09:35 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Um, you use KY to eliminate grip in your vice.

Sounds like a dust collector.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz fired this volley in

You let dirt fall on your tools, and don't clean it off right away?
I've got some 45-year-old pairs of VISE-grip pliars that are as good as the day they were made, sans a few scars on the teeth. I bought 'em new; took care of them, and didn't use them as grinding holders or welding accessories, except for the two Vise-Grip welders' clamps I use regularly for that purpose. By needs, they won't last as long as the pliars have.
LLoyd
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:44:42 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Clean the dust out of grease? No, I don't clean the "grease" out of my vise every day.

I don't grease my vise-grips, either.
clare snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yeah, it's a no-brainer when I think about it. No pressure on the threads when turning.
"John Doe" wrote in message
What kind of grease do you use for your vice (the most common vice you own) or for your vice-grips locking pliers?
Thanks.
What I use on my VISE is molybdenum disulfide. You can get it at a bicycle store. They call it (dry slide) I use this on any metal items that have friction. People that regrind engine cam shafts soak the cams in this solution then let dry. The Moly coating has a 100,000 pounds per square inch toughness. This leaves a dry coating of moly on the service. I have also used it on plastic (nylon?) bearings and they never wear out. Search on your computer for molybdenum disulfide and see all about it. WW

I have no vices, common or exotic.
My vises run on elbow grease.
On 9/25/2013 7:13 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Snerk! When MY vices require grease, I prefer K-Y Jelly<g>

I posted that two days ago, and they didn't 'get' it. Lloyd