what is your one dream project

Page 2 of 2
Fri, Aug 29, 2003, 9:51am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@dreamdynamics.nospam.com (DKWoods) ponders: Ok, so say cash isn't a problem. Say supply isn't a problem. Neither is time or conservation concerns. And you have all the skills, tools, help (if needed/wanted), and materials to do the job. What would be the one thing you wanted to build the most in your lifetime? <snip> What about you?
Only one answer to that:
http://newdeal.feri.org/images/ab50.gif
JOAT If we're all God's children, what's so special about Jesus?
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:15:02 -0400 (EDT), Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

LOL, and only if it's Jummywood, right?
david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being

Dream? My dream project can get started tomorrow night after the Powerball drawing. I bought 2 tickets for the $140M prize.
I'd have a house built, but I'd like to finish the paneled library and the large elegant dining room. There may be a problem with the chairs though (aside from my lack of skills) in that I may be bored making 12 of them. I'd have to do them on a production basis, not one at a time. I just don't like doing the same thing a second or third time.
Space to build them is not a problem though. I'd have a large enough shop (next to the 6 car garage) to handle them on the work/assembly benches. My skills would also improve. I'd have more time to work on them and I'd hire someone to teach me. Ed
D K Woods wrote:

Hmmmm... Do I only get to pick _one_ such project? Well, I guess I'd have to choose a hammered dulcimer. I can envision bigger and more impressive projects, such as the harpsichord I'd really like to build some day, but I could _play_ a hammered dulcimer without taking lessons for 10 years just to reach mediocrity.
As for what to make it out of, I have no idea. More research needed into what would sound good. It's presently too far beyond my means to even seriously contemplate such a thing, and I've done no homework to see what works and what doesn't. I'd want to find the most beautiful combination of woods that would be acoustically functional. Perhaps curly maple or birdseye maple, with cherry or walnut.