What is Pozi screw?

Page 2 of 2

What does that have to do with screws?
Oh... Never mind.
On Fri, 15 May 2015 16:49:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I read about those Pozi screws. You drive one in and that screw gets two others to help hold the wood. Each of those then recruits two more screws to help hold it.
Pozi screws are against the law for some reason. I read it on the Internet. Some big shot in NY got arrested for using Pozi screws.

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:1umcla154kj8iiumqbm9mqn1m3na37gql0@ 4ax.com:

Or possibly just plain ordinary spam?
John

India is going to be way too far to drive.
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 10:35:44 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

You're supposed to drive the screws, not drive to India.
SFWIW, most of the S/S fastners already come from India.
Lew

Sure, but if Leon's in Texas and the screws are in India, I just don't see how he can drive the screws from where he is. It'd take an awfully long flexible extension...
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 17 May 2015 03:50:18 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 4:40:42 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I'm pozitive that you guys are screwed up.
I called Robert's son and he said Phillip has a slot for you in the Allen Head Psychiatric wing.
In article <d69848a3-ebad-495f-8fdb-aafa13b57f72

The whole idea of Pozi is that the heads are LESS likely to strip. Having said that, every screw with a head made from potmetal strips relatively easily. I'll take a hardened-head phillips screw over a mild steel pozi any day, but metals being equal, and the *right* tool being used, pozi is superior.
-P.
On Jul 21, 11:46 am, <Frank> wrote:

Here's a brief discussion
http://toollady.com/shop/pozivsphillips.jpg
On Jul 21, 11:46am, <Frank> wrote:

Pozidrive was developed as an improvement on the Phillips or crosshead screw. However, it is different from Phillips and works better when used with the correct driver. However, it's main disadvantage is that it looks like a Phillips screw and many Phillips drives also *fit* the Pozidrive head. The result is stripped out screw heads. Here is a more detailed explanation: http://www.hafele.com/us/services/haefele-library/4300.htm