What is it? Set 478

I've been having some problems logging on to my news server so I'm late posting today, here is this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:16:31 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For what it's worth, the new link has showed up in the thread for the 1/24/2013 post. There're several responses to the new link in that thread.

Thanks for letting me know. Just posted my answers for this week but I'm still not sure about the last one:
Haven't yet fixed my login problem with my news server, hopefully things will be back to normal next week.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

2779 is a cattle grate, intended to keep cattle from wandering (they won't attempt to walk across the grate for fear their hooves will get stuck)
2781 is a SuperEgg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superegg

I was feeling particularly ignorant (not unusual) on all the items until this one popped up:
2783 a chain repair link
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .