What is it? Set 462

Page 1 of 2
I need some help on the last one in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Hello All,
The last one ( 2688 ) seems to be a device to keep angles steady when sharpening a drill bit on a grinding wheel
Ist the Door at 2683 for quick access to a weapon?
Walter
Am 11.10.2012 10:02, schrieb Rob H.:

On 10/11/2012 4:56 AM, Walter Kraft wrote:

I'll second that.

Agreed. The 59 degree marking makes this pretty definite as that is the most common grinding angle for twist drills for drilling steel (118 degrees included angle) although wider and narrower angles are used for some materials and the other marked angles would cover these.
There should probably be a top clamp for the drill bit to stop it moving but this seems to be missing.
--
Dave Baker

Thanks, I have confirmed that drill bit jig is correct. The door in the car is not for weapon.
2683 I guess this car has a pet door and the trunk is used as a pet (dog) travel compartment. I apologize if this post is a duplicate... I got an error message when trying to post a half-hour ago.
On 10/11/2012 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Rob H. wrote the following on 10/11/2012 4:02 AM (ET):

2683 to carry golf clubs.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yes, this car was on display at a museum and they said the door was for golf clubs.

The fact that an iron is visible in the enlarged photo gave it a way.

I didn't even notice that iron, I had shopped out a really obvious wooden club but didn't look close enough to see the iron in the background. Here is the original before I shopped out the wood:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2015/DSC025262.jpg
That's a pretty high class car. Way to go!

Yes, this car was on display at a museum and they said the door was for golf clubs.

My Saab had a hatch from the boot to between the back seats. The manual said it was for golf clubs, but I tended to use it for things like lengths of copper pipe.
Metal working tradesman, perhaps?
I'm not sure what would be my use of such a hatch.
writes:

My Saab had a hatch from the boot to between the back seats. The manual said it was for golf clubs, but I tended to use it for things like lengths of copper pipe.

No, just a bit of DIY.

An elderly gentleman pulls into a petrol (gas) station in his Rolls-Royce. As he gets out of the car a golf tee falls from his pocket. The pump attendant says 'excuse me sir, you just dropped this. May I ask what it is for?' The elderly gentleman thanks him and says 'That's for resting your balls on when driving'. Attendant ' Good Lord, Rolls-Royce think of everything'.
I'll get my hat and coat.
Nick.
Nick wrote:

Except how to keep them from boiling over, and leaving them sitting on the side of the Interstate.
Don't you have a servant, to walk for help?
Nick wrote:

Except how to keep them from boiling over, and leaving them sitting on the side of the Interstate.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I passed it in my '66 GTO and laughed at it, two Lincolns and a Caddy in a 30 mile stretch of highway.
You know, that's droll. Jolly good, chap.
This reminds me of an old, old story (apologies if you've seen it before). An elderly gentleman pulls into a petrol (gas) station in his Rolls-Royce. As he gets out of the car a golf tee falls from his pocket. The pump attendant says 'excuse me sir, you just dropped this. May I ask what it is for?' The elderly gentleman thanks him and says 'That's for resting your balls on when driving'. Attendant ' Good Lord, Rolls-Royce think of everything'.
I'll get my hat and coat.
Nick.

It is where you put your golf club bag