What is it? Set 452

I need some help with the second and third items this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2623 Foam nozzle attachment for fire-fighting?

Correct, that's what the guy selling it said it was.
"Rob H." wrote in message

2623 looks like it fits onto a fire service hose and looks like it might be a mister
the others dunno atm
Robin
Rob H. wrote:

2623 - Foam expansion nozzle. Used to create large amounts of foam for firefighting. Works just like the little bubble wands sold as toys. Foam concentrate in the water stream picks up large amounts of air and hits the screen at the end creating lot's of bubbles. Newer versions are much easier to handle and use.
2624 -
2625 - Part of a coal fired furnace/boiler. Uses a small amount of gas (propane/natural gas) to ignite the coal in the unit. Works like a normal gas burner in a grill/stove.
2626 - Hose clamping pliers. Used on small rubber lines.
2627 - Looks sort of like an old polished metal mirror, but the proportion of the base are strange.
2628 -
--
Steve W.

Yes, I think it's part of an old furnace or stove but others have said it's from a car, haven't been able to prove either one yet.

Correct
"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help with the second and third items this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2626 that is a clamp for stopping flow on rubber hoses. I have one. Used it a lot when doing appliance repair. WW

2627 looks like it might be a reflector for a candle. The candle would go inside the tubes. It looks like the middle tube can slide into the lower one to adjust the height as the candle burns.

Correct, you can see a candle and wick at the bottom of the reflector.

2623)    Never seen one of these before, but the combination of the color     and the shutoff valve lever at the top as shown suggests that     this is a piece of fire-fighting apparatus.
    And overall, it looks to me as though it is intended to dispense     foam, or at least a fine mist, instead of the usual stream of     water. Perhaps part of an airport's crash handling equipment.
2624)    Looks like a part of a ratchet which can be removed from the     side.
2625)    A burner for use with coal gas, perhaps.
2626)    A pinch-off tool for things like rubber or soft plastic hoses.     Perhaps fuel lines. It locks at any given level of squeeze.
    Mechanically, it could be used for pinching off veins and     arteries during surgery, but the materials are not right for     something which needs to be sterilized frequently.
2627)    A candle powered spotlight. The reflector needs to be polished     for better efficiency. I think that the candle (or is it an oil     lamp?) is spring-loaded to keep the flame at the focus point of     the reflector.
2628)    Something intended for winding up and dispensing string, yarn,     rope, or wire. The crescent moons should be rotated to the     vertical position as shown in the later photos, and the wire or     whatever is wound around the four crescents. The adjustable     radius allows for more length per turn, and also allows for     handling stiffer things which would not like to be bent to the     smaller radius which you would get with the arms set at their     innermost points.
    I suspect that for most uses, the pivot point would need to be     mounted firmly on a tripod or on the top of a workbench.
    Now to post this and see what others have said.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Concerning the two unidentified items this week, I think we are close on the preheater, the other item could be a part from some type of machine, if so it would be difficult to to find its exact purpose.
On 8/3/2012 4:09 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2624 Looks a little like a lock on a large scales. You flop the lock down so the weigh bar don't bang up and down when someone drives on the scale.

I was thinking it had something to do with weighing, but the direction of the handle is wrong for releasing under load. For example a trip release on a primitive bag filling machine... A simple safety lock as you suggest would not have this problem, however I guessing it slid into place rather than pivoting.
--
William