What is it? Set 271

No, that would be Tang and Russian Vodka, first invented during the Apollo-Soyuz mission.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

I clean a lot of used keyboards. I stand them up on the end and spray a fine mist of household ammonia to cut the grime. Sometimes it takes several tries, because they are really nasty. Then I use a mist of water to flush the loose crud from the keys & case. I usually do them

10 at a time, then let them dry for a week, but they can be used almost immediately. That depends on how much you spray on one.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Put keyboards in the dishwasher let them dry for a few days and good as new.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

KdnVMbycr_wk7UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

Not having a dishwasher I take them apart, clean them in the shower, dry them and put them back together. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I don't have, or want a dishwasher. It takes a couple minutes per keyboard, and doesn't require any disassembly.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, I have to rebuild the Hammond B3 at my church, because they let the bearings run dry. I figure it'll take four people to move it, while I stand back & supervise. There is no way that I'm going to try, with just one good hand, and a cane. :(

They let a motor overheat in one of the Leslie speakers, as well. Now I have to find a replacement for a custom 50 year old motor and replace the dry rotted rubber covered cables. Luckily, I downloaded the schematics a few years ago. No all I have to do is find them again. :(

Someone else can fix the piano.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell